The appointment of a Special Counsel to investigate further into the alleged Trump/Russia collusion has brought a new round of persecution towards Trump and rumor mongering by media outlets and leftist politicians like Maxine Waters. However, no evidence has been produced to date that substantiates the allegations.
But there is, apparently, something to the allegation that Obama administration intelligence officials, such as Susan Rice, spied on Donald Trump and his campaign staff. They then subsequently unmasked the identities of some of those individuals for the purpose of discrediting Trump’s campaign.
The government watchdog group, Judicial Watch, has filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, demanding the U.S. Department of Justice and the National Security Agency (NSA) produce documents that reveal all of Susan Rice’s communications with those agencies.
From Judicial Watch:
(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today announced it filed a Freedom of Information (FOIA) lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Justice and the National Security Agency (NSA) for information about Obama National Security Advisor Susan Rice’s communications with the two agencies concerning the alleged Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential election, the hacking of DNC computers, the suspected communications between Russia and Trump campaign/transition officials, and the unmasking of the identities of any U.S. citizens associated with the Trump presidential campaign or transition team who were identified pursuant to intelligence collection activities (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice and National Security Administration (No. 1:17-cv-01002))
The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia after the Department of Justice and NSA failed to respond to identical FOIA requests submitted separately to each agency on April 4, 2017 seeking:
- Any and all requests for information, analyses, summaries, assessments, transcripts, or similar records submitted to the Department of Justice (National Security Agency) or any official, employee, or representative thereof by former National Security Advisor Susan Rice regarding, concerning, or related to the following:
- Any actual or suspected effort by the Russian government or any individual acting on behalf of the Russian government to influence or otherwise interfere with the 2016 presidential election;
- The alleged hacking of computer systems utilized by the Democratic National Committee and/or the Clinton presidential campaign;
- Any or actual or suspected communication between any member of the Trump presidential campaign or transition team and any official or employee of the Russian government or any individual acting on behalf of the Russian government; or
- The identities of U.S. citizens associated with the Trump presidential campaign or transition team who were identified pursuant to intelligence collection activities.
2. Any and all records created and/or produced in response to any request described in part 1 of this request; and
3. Any and all records of communication between any official, employee, or representative of the Department of Justice (National Security Agency) and any member, employee, staff member, or representative of the National Security Council regarding, concerning, or related to any request described in Part 1 of this request.
The time frame for this request is January 1, 2016 to the present.
This is the fifth Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit (see here, here, here and here) related to the surveillance, unmasking, and illegal leaking targeting President Trump and his associates.
“We want to know about the Obama White House involvement in the unprecedented spying on Donald Trump and other political opponents,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “This intelligence operation may have led to the illegal ‘unmasking’ of Americans and the leaking of intelligence information to foment the story of Russian hacking of the DNC and sinister Russian influence on Trump and his associates. The Trump administration has an opportunity to expose what the Obama White House was up to.”
As concerned citizens, we would very much like to see if President Obama abused the authority of his office and just how far he went with that abuse!
If the truth be told, we expect to see bars in his future!
Source: Judicial Watch